Thursday, December 02, 2010

Friday Fragments



It's Friday Fragments Day!  
It's Friday Fragments Day!  

Our fearless leader is Mrs. 4444 whose blog, Half Past Kissing Time, is a JOY to read.  She has gathered many wonderful bloggers to Frag on Fridays and we love her for getting us all together.


*•-:¦:-•:*''''*:•-:¦:-•


 Now that's a deal!  haha!


*•-:¦:-•:*''''*:•-:¦:-•


A while back I posted a link to beach sounds.  If crashing waves and seagulls aren't your thing, you may enjoy Sounds of the Forest. (I can't find the beach link right now, but I'm sure it was in a FF post.)


*•-:¦:-•:*''''*:•-:¦:-•



Happy red business card file by Free Style Gifts. Oh my goodness, this card file is made from old record albums.  I love all the crazy colors, but this Etsy seller also has a black and white version which is just as nifty.


*•-:¦:-•:*''''*:•-:¦:-•



The above photo is from Roadside America and shows Mark Cline, the creater of Foamhenge in Natural Bridge, Virginia.  I was sitting next to a couple today at lunch who mentioned that they had been to this place and they loved it.  I'm thinking I may need to add this to my list of places to go see the next time I drive to Michigan. 


*•-:¦:-•:*''''*:•-:¦:-•



Simple decorating ideas make me happy.  Oooh, I'll have to add that to my happy list! This idea that I found over at oh, hello friend: you are loved, is fun.  It's practical, inventive and so simple. By the way, isn't that just the loveliest name ever?  I enjoy seeing that blog in my reader.


*•-:¦:-•:*''''*:•-:¦:-•



My husband came home on Monday.  He was dead tired after several very long days on the road and three weeks of being hunter man in Michigan.  He went to bed very early and I didn't come to bed until 2am or so.  When I did crawl into bed he did something that he never does.  He put his arm around me and pulled me over to his side of the bed and cuddled with me.  It was kind of funny because after two months of us being apart (I was in MI for a month and then he was in MI a month) I wasn't used to having anyone in my bed, let alone cuddling with me!  It was very sweet.


*•-:¦:-•:*''''*:•-:¦:-•


I think I'll end my Friday Fragments post on that note.
Have a wonderful day!
Kristin

14 comments:

Cyndy Bush said...

I love fragging. I love this post. And I love that 'falling in love rocks' picture!

Prairiemaid said...

Love the pencil holder...cute! And the Falling in love Rocks sign is great!

Coby said...

I love the "falling in love rocks" picture! Love love love!

The story about your husband is so sweet!

Bill Lisleman said...

wonder how long the sale tag was left that way.
Foamhenge ? sounds kinda weird I'll take a look thanks -
nice ending

mimbles said...

The ball of string idea is clever. I hardly ever use string too, so it would probably stay put too!

Cuddling is nice, there should be more cuddling in the world :-)

Jene said...

LOVE happy lists! My college roommate and I filled a notebook over the course of two years with all of the things that made us smile. I love looking at it, especially through the eyes of someone 10 years older at this point :)

Hope you have a great weekend!

Karen and Gerard said...

That card file is a cool idea! We use mugs for pencil holders. Off to visit that Hello friend blog.

Visiting from FF. Here's ours: http://zemeks.blogspot.com/2010/11/does-this-sound-sick-to-you.html

Kay said...

that card file it totally cool!!! i also like your falling in love with rocks sign! my mother loves rocks! i remember on family vacations stopping by the side of the road to grab some small boulder for her rock garden.... it was good times!!

after a deployment it takes a bit of getting used to having my bed shared with a big man. our kids climb in regularly, but small bodies are very different than a large one :-) i am glad you guys get to share the bed again, it can be rough to be separated for a time. is he gone a lot for work?

The Crazy Coxes said...

Aren't Fridays the best!
Cool, simple pencil holder!
And I love the Falling in love Rocks sign.

Have a great weekend!

Claudya Martinez said...

I can't get over the hot deal. That's a hot deal for the store, not the customer.

Empty Nester said...

Absolutely perfect way to end the post!

Jen said...

you are the best fragmenter! the first one is sooooooo funny, big fail! lmao!

Matty said...

Ooops, someone forgot a digit. That is quite a deal.

My wife and I sleep in separate beds. Not because of any marital issues, but simply because we sleep better. So, there is no cuddling going on when we're sleeping. LOL

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Love your fragments today. Thanks for sharing the cuddle, that is so sweet.