Thursday, December 30, 2010

POTD - Kissin' Clauses


POTD - Kissin' Clauses
©2010 Kristin Corlett

These are my Mom's Mr and Mrs Santa Clause decorations.  I always set them up lip to lip, but my mom said that she doesn't keep them that close.  She angles them a bit so you can more of their faces.  No matter how they are displayed they are among my favorite decorations.  She said she got them in the early 70s, so they've pretty much been a part of my entire life.

Edited to add - these little statues stand about 6" high.  They aren't S/P shakers, just little Kissing Clause figures. 

Enjoy!
Kristin

6 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

Your mother and I MAY be long lost twin sisters.

I'll make an "angel" post later today so you can see why - - -

k

Unknown said...

Hi Kirby! I saw your post on Shirley's FB wall and took a peek at The Goat. I had to leave a comment first to say, Hi! I am a NBU dropout, it has been a while, but I think about those I met there often. I am still not where I want to be, but I am committed to trying again beginning 1/1/11. More importantly, I had to share, that my mom has the same set of salt and pepper shakers and they have been a part of every Christmas since the 70's for my family too...Happy New Year!

j said...

Like Keetha, I have angels. I love your mom's Claus couple.

Mmmmwah!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

They are adorable. I have a large collection of S&P sets which I didn't put out this year. I have a few from the 70's too! Your mothers set is adorable and I love them kissing.

Cyndy Bush said...

Awww they are adorable!!

Mrs4444 said...

I LOVE that photo. Super sweet :)