Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Coming home

Goodness it's been a long day.

I've been going to bed really late - or early - depending on how you look at it. i've been crawling into bed sometime between 1 and 4 am the past three or four weeks. I've been sleeping until 10 most of those mornings. So I've been totally out of whack.

My flight left Jacksonville at 6:20am which meant that I had to get up at 4am so I could leave at 4:50am so I could arrive at the airport by 5:20am to catch my flight.

I tried going to bed at 11:30pm last night but finally gave up and read a book on the couch for a few hours. It was probably 2:15am before I finally fell asleep.

To say I'm a bit groggy today is an understatement!

But.... I got to Michigan. My Mother and Zora were at the airport to greet me -- actually inside the airport, so that was fun! It's rare now to get picked up anywhere but curbside. Then I spent the afternoon visiting at my sisters house and saw Stella. Then my mom and I went grocery shopping for things for dinner - invited all the girls over (Alison and her crew plus Hillary) and we had a lovely evening chatting and laughing and chasing the little ones around the house.

It's 9:41 right now and I can hardly keep my eyes open.

I hope you have a great night, I'll be up at the crack of dawn I'm sure!
Kristin

2 comments:

Lydia said...

Have a wonderful visit, Kirby! It'll be fun reading your impressions.
Now. Go take a nap!

Ann said...

Welcome back to Michigan. It sounds as though you will have wonderful times visiting with your family and friends. And catching up on your sleep.

All good wishes.