Wednesday, July 01, 2009

It's all Leigh's Fault

Thrifty and all things that go with Thrifty are a part of Leigh's Thrifty Thursday. If it was a good deal, a great find, a vintage dress, or even a lovely basket from the thrift store, it's all perfect for today's blog carnival.

Before I go on with my finds this week, I need send out a big Congrats to Leigh on her 2nd Blogaversary!!! She's so excited that she's giving away a $25 gift certificate to all who enter before midnight the 3rd of July. That's Friday Folks!! You can read all about it HERE.

The gift certificate that Leigh is giving away is to Marshalls. I'd never gone into that store before and I'm really not a clothes shopper so I just assumed it was another women's clothing store.

After reading all of the excitement over the gift certificate I decided to find my local store and see what all the fuss was about...not to mention, I needed a few pairs of shorts.

The glass vases in the photo above were taken at my local Marshall location. They were so nice looking in the store and as I recall at a pretty fabulous price. At my home they'd be dusty in a day or two and pretty much stay that way, so I let them stay for someone else to purchase.

I thought of Leigh when I saw the shells. They were beautiful and just $5 for the large bag. See that starfish? Leigh's got one of those in her new header on her blog. It's a beautiful photo.


I love the look of shiny, neon plastic. I do! It's something about the potential for organization. If I buy the shiny plastic my stuff will get put away. At $2 a piece, these were a steal. I didn't buy these either, but I know where I can get them if I decide I need them.

This recycled paper magazine basket tugged at me. A lot. I took it down, held onto it. Looked it over real good. Put it back. Took pictures of it. Checked the price - $20. I thought that was a little high, but it was a giant basket, so the price all of a sudden seemed reasonable.

But I couldn't do it. I don't need it.

I did come out of Marshalls with 4 pair of shorts, 2 shirts and a 3 pack of reader glasses for my husband ($10). The whole bill was $60 I think. Really Thrifty in my opinion and it's all Leigh's fault. I'm also going to thank her when I get to go outside in my new shorts. I only had one wearable pair so I was getting mighty hot in my long black pants in this hot Florida sunshine.

My thrifty finds this week were all at Marshalls - I wanted to buy the store out of a few things! I really wish I would have known about that store when i was decorating my rental condos, but I'll know about it now. Thanks Leigh!!

If you'd like to see more Thrifty Finds, please go on over to Tales from Bloggeritaville and see all of the folks who are participating this week. You'll even find some great tablescapes!

Have a wonderful day!
Kristin

6 comments:

Lorna ~ Lace and Ivy Cottage said...

I bought a recycled paper bowl from Marshall's for my cousin for $5.99. He has a large mirror framed in the same recycled paper, so I couldn't resist to buy it for him when I saw it. Isn't it cool?

Genny said...

That recycled paper basket is great. I've found many great buys at my local Marshalls. Such a fun store!

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

I LOVE this. Thanks for the shout out and link up too. I LOVEd all your finds (especially the starfish, smile). Those baskets are sooooo You! I saw them at mine. Here there are several sizes in them, all made from newspaper. Its you! Thanks for being a part of Thrifty Thursday, my friend! I will be playing catch up reading tonight!
Well done!
Leigh
Tales from Bloggeritaville
lbratina.blogspot.com

Christina said...

Wow, your first trip to Mashalls. Glad you had fun. Ours if very close---about 5 min. away and there is always a good deal to be had when I go.

Lisa Nelsen-Woods said...

I do love me some Marshall's! HomeGoods is also owned by Marshalls. We have an awesome HomeGoods & Marshalls combo store near us. The last time I went there I went into the HomeGoods side looking for a door wreath and ended up in the Marshalls side buying boots. But they were cute and a total deal!

Mrs. Petrie said...

Marshall's is really a fun store. And the deals are consistently good. Thanks for stopping by my blog. :)