Monday, July 20, 2009

KrisMiss

Missy in white - Kristin in crazy flowered shirt

This evening I went over to a friends house. I hadn't seen her in about 13 years, but back in the days of High School we were best buds. She was my very favorite friend. Her name is Missy (OK, now she goes by Melissa, but I still call her Missy) - so her name is Missy and mine is Kristin and we nicknamed ourselves KrisMiss. When my family went to Gatlinburg, TN on vacation one summer I came back with a sweatshirt that had airbrushed on the sleeve - KrisMiss.

We believed the world would be a better place if we only had purple M&M's so on nearly everything that I owned (that I could doodle on) said "Purple M&M's Forever." I think that goofy sweatshirt said that, too. This was before the days of M&Ms in a variety of holiday colors. It was just the standard pack...minus the red ones for a long time. Missy and I were truly ahead of our time and I do believe we were the original creators of Purple M&M's. We should at least get some kind of inventors fee or something.

Missy had lived in Lansing for the past 13 years or so, but somehow I lost her address or she moved, her telephone changed, I moved...we just lost track of each other. Thanks to facebook we are back to chatting again, although she doesn't log on each day or even each week for that matter. So this week while I was in town I had to stop by and see her. We had a very full three hours of non stop talking...I think I did most of the talking. :) I even recruited her to go to our reunion planning meeting tomorrow night! I'm excited.

I'm so happy we found each other again because she truly is one of my favorite people in the whole world. It was great to see her today.

Have a fabulous day!
Kristin

4 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

Nothing else feels like reconnecting with those from our past whom we still love. I'm sooooo glad you were able to do this, and the fact that it was live and in person is even better.

Lydia said...

Oh what fun, and you do look happy to be in one another's company again.

Makes me kinda sad that you wrote about your reunion planning. My 40th HS reunion is this weekend in Reno, but I haven't been in the mood to go. I know I'll miss out on some tender memories and strong hugs.

Kristin - The Goat said...

Keetha - I loved seeing her again. I think she hugged me for 3 minutes without letting go when I first saw her. It was great.

Lydia - I love the reunions. I was a nobody in school and had only a few friends, but it didn't matter - I love to see what everyone looks like now and see how much they are the same. That's what I go for.

Sharinskishe said...

This is so wonderful! I have had similar things happen with my best buds. Lost and Found. I am so happy for you.

Hope you continue to have a wonderful trip home.

Shari