Sunday, July 05, 2009

Dear George

Dear George,

I thought about you today, as I do nearly every day but with today being the 4th of July I thought about you each time I saw a star or a stripe.

I thought about you yesterday when Sarah Palin said she was stepping down as the Gov. of Alaska and I thought of you the day before that when someone (probably Sharon) moved the American Flag to the very center of the table by the elevator so that it wouldn't be missed.


I think of you when I crawl into bed at night because I know that you aren't sound asleep just on the other side of the wall.

I think of you each time I go into the garage and see my husbands car in the spot that was once yours.

I miss you George.

I thought you might like to know that.

Love to you,
Kristin



I just wrote this to my former neighbor, George, who moved away a few months ago. I felt a very strong urge to write to him and tell him that I missed him, so I got up out of bed found one of my very favorite note cards and wrote this letter to him. I think it's very important to tell people that you miss them and that you are thinking of them. When the urge hits to write a little note, just do it.

I think George will be thrilled to get this note, but I hope he is even happier knowing that I was thinking of him.

Have a wonderful week.
Kristin

7 comments:

Glennis said...

He will be pleased alright! Lovely letter. He may come running back!
Happy 4th of July to you.

Lydia said...

That's going to make the man very happy.
(You had me going there for a minute...I at first thought you were writing a letter to George W. Bush!)

Kristin - The Goat said...

George was my 80 year old neighbor who moved to be closer to his children. He was the most patriotic man I'd ever met and he loved Sarah Palin :) His master bedroom in his condo was next to ours and our beds were both against that shared wall.


Glennis, I wish he'd come running back! I miss him more than I ever imagined.

Lydia, haha, nope not George Bush lol But I can see where you;d think that, until I got to the sleeping part LOL

jb said...

Oh You are going to make George's day! Funny thing is that I thought of him when Sarah Palin made her announcement! Funny how minds connect that way....well, no, but you know what I mean!

Mrs4444 said...

I'm sorry, Kristin, but this had me puzzled and not knowing whether to laugh or not (I did not see the addition on my screen until I scrolled down.) At first, I thought,
George Washington? Don't laugh! It does fit, until you get to the going to bed part, which made it kind of hilarious. Then I thought, ex-boyfriend/husband? Does hubs now park in her his spot because he died? Why wouldn't they have slept in the same room?

I hope you're laughing; it's okay. Glad George is, too. heehee

Mrs4444 said...

Oops-Yeah, and I did think George Bush at first, too!

Kristin - The Goat said...

Since I knew who I was talking about, George Washington or GW Bush never entered my mind, but I have to say that I've gotten a huge chuckle out of your comments! Thanks!