Friday, July 03, 2009

Wreck This Journal part 4

It's another fabulous installation of Wreck This Journal. There are so many people participating (and I've enjoyed going to each blog seeing what each person has done) that I'm still so very grateful that I found Jamie's Next Chapter. I've never had so much fun coloring, cutting, gluing and creating. Please go visit the other wreckers if you have a chance. 80 people participated last week. That's 80 different ways to wreck a journal! I can't wait to see how many join up this week.


I became brave today. I made a video of me talking about the journal. Someone else last week said that they just hit the start button and talked and just did it. So, that's what I did. I didn't comb my hair or put on lipstick or anything, I just went for it! I was so nervous! I rarely post my picture, let alone a video. Ah well, this is all about breaking out of our shells, right?!

So, here's my submission this week for Wreck this Journal. Please laugh and enjoy the show!! I have a few photos below, too, as I wasn't able to get everything into just a few minutes. AND due to the lack of patience on my part - I totally cut off the end of my video. LOL Being a dork is so much fun.




Here is the page that I sent off to my friend and her family. I can't believe I cut off the most important part of my video! Well, here, let me explain. Rachel folded the paper in half and asked each child to draw only on their own side - no peeking! Turns out each child was thinking of dinosaurs! Bill, the dad, got in on the act and he added in the football (being a football coach, it sort of figures lol). Rachel made it all into a football theme and added in the finishing touches, plus the referee. I love it.

Here is the picture. You can click to enlarge it.



I took the envelope that this arrived in, cut it to fit the book and then taped this page to the envelope and taped the whole thing back into the journal. Excellent! Thanks to Kole and Gage, Bill and Rachel for helping me! You guys did a great job!!




Here is the paper chain that I made from the book. The paper chain is hanging from my lamp pull chain. I took a few dozen photos of this and promptly forgot about it. Now, any of you with cats know that I have just created a VERY tempting plaything. It finally was just too much for her.

She begged me to take it off the lamp and toss it on the floor for her. I finally obliged. She managed to tear the thing apart in about 5 minutes. She wrecked my paper chain! Good Kitty!





Oh my goodness, I nearly forgot! I took my journal into the shower the other day. This is the before photo - and pretty much, it's the after, too. I didn't plunge it into water or anything, but I got sufficiently wet for a regular shower. I was quite pleased.

Have a fabulous weekend! Here in the United States we are celebrating our Independence Day on Saturday. I'm looking forward to all of the Fireworks that I can see right from my patio.

Kristin

31 comments:

Julia said...

Thanks for stopping by my little blog. I love the destruction in your post.

Lawendula said...

I like what you've done.
But tell me, what are security envelopes? (what ever, it looks great!)

Lawendula said...

Hi Kirby, it's me again.
About the security envelopes, no I don't think we have them in Germany, not that I know...(maybe I'm only just not getting them ;)).
Thanks for your comment- happy wrecking on!

magpie said...

you're a natural at vlogging! well done and delightful wreckage.

Å olanje na domu-Waldorf said...

You're having fun! :)I'm liking the chain the kitty got her paws on. :)

Melinda said...

love your ideas this week...and giving the chain to the kitty to play with...great idea!

Lisa said...

Congrats on your first vlog! You did amazing! (So you cut yourself off eh! - you were very adorable and natural with the camera)

I love the way you think - you are making that book totally your own. Lovely wreckage - and I love your cat helping out!

Arlene said...

That was a fun video, Kirby! I loved it and I really admire your creativity! Very brave of you to add vlogging to your repertoire! Cutting circles out of security envelopes! Awesome and great wrecking this week!

gma said...

Really cute pages.
You'll have fun wrecking with that glitter glue!

Kara Chipoletti Jones of GriefAndCreativity dot com said...

Lovely to see you chatting about wrecking! The way you cut thru several layers -- brilliant, lovely! Lots of miracles to you for more wrecking!

Joan@anythinggoeshere said...

When you need wrecking help..always call the cat. How fun and cool that you took her picture in action.

mel said...

Brilliant!! Love your video -- such fun to see you there!!

And I love that your cat is getting in on the action....what cat doesn't love a good paper chain?!?!

Sherri said...

Great video! I bet watching your cat with the paper chain was entertaining. Happy wrecking!

Jientje said...

I had FUN watching your vlog, boy oh boy are you creative! What a great idea!

Snap said...

Wonderful wrecking and a little help from your fur baby. I'm thinking that my 3 kitties should get into the act, too.

Barbara Martin (@Reptitude) said...

Our helper-kitties are so spoiled these days! LOL

For a minute there I thought you had attached a hot pink handle on the front of your journal for easy carrying or easy opening or ??? and I'm all like, ooh that's very kewl. LOL

The video -- kudos!!!!!!!!!!!!! especially for putting it up without the ending.

WRECK ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jb said...

OMG! I am so jealous of your wrecked journal! YOu have a new best friend!

Kristin - The Goat said...

Thanks everyone!! I was so nervous to actually post the video :) I'm thankful for all of your kind words and that you are enjoying my journal wrecking!

Grammy said...

Oh my I forgot to leave a comment. My grandson watched your video together and you motivated me to go buy glitter glue. I love the kitty. And all your creative Ideals. I did not even think of material to sew on page. I love it. Thanks for stopping buy and making a great video. Have a wonderful week.

Genie Sea said...

Congrats on getting out of your comfort zone! :)

Very prolific and fun wrecking this week!

I love how you're gettign everyone in on this fun! Your kitty, your friend and her family! I love how that turned out as well :)

Unknown said...

Very nice, I like what you have done ~ as well as the family drawings.

Witchcrafted Life said...

Your kitty is too adorable for words!

Thank you very much for your comment on my blog, it's wonderful to make your acquaintance :)


Have a splendid weekend,
♥ Jessica

Jean said...

Ooh, nice chain! I got bored with it, so maybe I will finish later!

Great wrecking! I love how broken in they are all starting to look. :)

The Other Laura said...

Great wrecking 9and great video)!

Kim said...

Congratulations on your first vlog - hooray for jumping in and just doing it! Your journal looks wonderfully puffy after it's shower!

Hybrid J said...

Absolutely in love with you kitty!! :)Great wreck work!

Leah said...

O my goodness, I loved your video! Fabulousness! You've done so much great work!! I loved the picture of your kitty too. :-)

l said...

your video is great too! thanks for the compliment on mine..i really don't like the sound of my voice on there, but it's all good in the name of wreck this journal :)

judipatootie said...

ou are so at ease Vlogging.. great show!! what creative friends you have@

Marie Reed said...

I found your vlog!!!! You are wonderful!! You make me want to wreck a journal too! That looks like such a fun and satisfying project!

Karen said...

I LOVE the Vlog--I have GOT to try it!

Excellent wreckage!