Thursday, July 09, 2009

Wreck This Journal part 5

Welcome another fabulous installation of Wreck This Journal. You can find all of the participants at Jamie's Next Chapter. 67 people participated last week, although I only made it to 40 of their sites this past week. I can't wait to see how many join up this week and I hope to visit everyone, as it is one of my favorite things to do these days -- sit and look at wreckage lol

Here's my journal this week. I made my first vlog last week, but decided to go back to photos this week. Many of the photos can be enlarged - click on the picture if you want to see it up close and personal.




I did a little bit of window shopping this week when I stumbled upon a stack of WTJs. I can't begin to tell you how funny they looked! They were so small, clean and fresh! I had to move the display around a bit to get my journal out to pose with it's brothers and sisters.

Mine is on the left :)


I love setting the book up like this. It just naturally fans out like that now. Gorgeous, isn't she?!!

I showed this last week, but I added in a quote I found - although I didn't catch the author --

"I myself am made entirely of flaws, stitched together with good intentions"

That was just perfect for that page, don't you think?

I sat down on the couch one evening and started just going through this litany of things I needed to do, wanted to do, etc. So I decided that it was the perfect time to fill out this page. I blurred out a few things to protect the innocent. The house in the middle was a house my husband and I went to a week or two ago. This was from the sales flier. My internal dialog always includes - "I don't want to move...oooh, that's a cute place!"




These are supposed to be little houses with chimneys. This page is still evolving, but I wanted to include it now because I didn't have many coloring projects this week.

I've been working on this page since the beginning - funny I cut off the page number. I started and ended with 22. I haven't placed a single other page number in the entire book.



These dolls are a cut out from a magazine. I added in the polka dots, if you couldn't tell.

I drank from the funnel a few weeks ago, but forgot to show it - I then let it dry, folded it up and taped it back in the book.


My Previous Wreckages -- All on one page! HERE I have to say - as I was looking through them, I have two weeks titled Week 3. Now, that's a wreck!! I won't change it though as it goes right along with going with the flow of creativity, wrecking and letting go.

One of my dear friends, Bob (I call her Bob, she calls me Bob - ahhh friendship!) was following along with my journal wreckage and last week she and her daughter just happened to spend a few hours in a bookstore and they just happened to pick up a book for each of them! They immediately came home and started in on their journals. I'm so proud of you Bob! Enjoy!!

I hope you enjoy my journal. I've been so inspired by so many of the other wreckers. Thank you for being a part of this -- and thanks to all of you NOT a part of the group for reading along :) It's great having you!

Have a fabulous weekend!
Kristin


edited to add ***I've got two swaps going on for the Favorite Page(s). I haven't sent out either, nor I have received any. One of my swap partners asked for an additional week, so I agreed! I need to embellish my favorite pages just a little bit more, then they are going in the mail!

28 comments:

Grammy said...

That was awesome. I love your sewing page, This is a pretty contagious book. Every one want to try once they see your fun. Happy wrecking. See ya next week.

Lawendula said...

I really like the Babooschkas! Lots of new good ideas!

Marie Reed said...

This is too cool! You made a vlog too! Rushing to go see it!

magpie said...

major wreckage - delightful
and original. wondeful quote on the sewing page.

l said...

great wrecking!
your list of ways to wreck this journal is great...really like the "using as a shield while frying bacon" one!

Melinda said...

you have some awesome pages!

Bill said...

Fun post! I'm going to have to spend time looking at the rest of your blog.

Thanks for the thoughful comment you left for me. It made my day!

Bill @ Affordable Accoutrements

Arlene said...

Where do I start? Each and every new wrecked page in your journal is a work of art in its own right? you are so talented and creatively unique! Love getting to know you in this way. It has been fun to share with you. Oh, and I can relate to what you said about doing self-portraits from a mirror instead of a photo only. I will do that too.

By the way, I have listed you as a recipient of the Premio-Meme Blog Award on my blog - go here to find details: http://www.spiritessenceart.com/2009/07/not-one-but-two.html

Hugs to you!

Sara said...

Love that sewing page... how very cool! Your journal is amazing.

Tricia said...

Hi Kristin.
I love your journal. I am going to plan on doing this with my girls next Summer.
Have a wonderful weekend, Kristin. Hopefully that package will be to you soon.
*tricia

Lisa said...

LOVE the sewing page, and the pic of your journal with its little newborn siblings in the bookstore!

Very clever creative and colorful.

Kim said...

Great shot of your lovely wrecked journal next to the virgin copies in the display! All you pages are wonderful - great wreckage! Love your quote on the sewing page!

Unknown said...

All of your journal pages look fantastic. You are very creative. I love the comparison to the stack of new journals.

Beverley Baird said...

What great pages - I loved the sewing page. The buttons were perfect as was the quote.
Thanks for stopping by and giving advice on the cards. Those were wonderful ideas. I may just have to put all the ideas in a hat and draw one!
take care.

Pink Heels said...

I absolutely LOVE that you took a picture of your wrecked journal next to the pristine ones. It is an amazing contrast. And to think...your journal looked like that at one point too!

Karen said...

Oh my gosh--I am in AWE of your creativity! You are so amazingly talented--looking at this is making me want to rush off and do some more on my journal!

Fabulous wrecking!

gma said...

Your book is fantastic!!!
Love it!!!!

Janet said...

I could just tell by looking at your photo that all the journals still pristine in the bookstore are feeling totally leftout, unloved and downright jealous of your journal! poor babies!

Hybrid J said...

You sewing page is just divine!

Annie said...

I agree with the Bacon frying shield idea you have, too. It will add a delicious new smell, to go with guacamole on the other food page.

I'm not in Jamie's group because I don't blog (yet), but she certainly inspired me to join in the fun and read what the rest of Y'all were doing. It certainly frees me up in other ways already. Thanks for sharing so much of what you've done. It is great fun to see your ideas.

Rose said...

Loving the sheer variety you have going on! The Russian dolls are beautiful...

Barbara Martin (@Reptitude) said...

Grill it?!? I love that bonus list idea!!!!! WRECK ON!

Donica Christina said...

WOW. your journal looks so fabulous fanned out like that! ah. I'm quite jealous!!! I need to get down and dirty with mine!

Genie Sea said...

What FUN wrecking! You have some awesome ideas on how to put this little book through the wringer. Literally! hehehe

Å olanje na domu-Waldorf said...

NICE!! I love your sawing and babushkas. :):) I'll have to borrow some of your aideas to keep on wrecking the journal. :) Love it.

Lesley Myrick said...

I love the comparison of the brand nw journals with your wrecked version...shows just how far you've come with yours! :)

judipatootie said...

funny how those pristine copies arent the slightest bit intimidating now!!

Sherri said...

The fanned out pages look great! How fun to see your journal next to the bookstore copies.