Sunday, July 12, 2009

Gecko guy

I woke up this morning determined to get in some camera time. It's been raining so much lately that it's been hard find the enthusiasm to go out and shoot when I've only got 30 minutes before it pours. The weather map looked to be good all day, so I chanced it and went down to St. Augustine. I wanted to go back to the shell shop and there were a few antique shops that I wanted to visit as well, so I was excited to go.

I ended up taking nearly 200 photos! But this was my most willing subject...Enjoy!



This little guy was literally hopping from the pavement to the turquoise platform back to the pavement and then up on the fence. I asked him if I could take a few photos before he hopped away.

He even let me switch sides and photograph his good side.

He then said - "I can turn into a raccoon right before your eyes. Wanna see?" I said yes and he did this. Funny, huh?

Gecko guy let me get right down at eye level with him. I was literally a foot away.


I love the little feet and hands...paws? fins? grabbers? OK, they are called feet.

My new gecko friend stayed in that spot for our entire session and even watched me walk away. He then hopped away to tell of his friends about how he'd been discovered and was probably going to be a Hollywood star.


Have a great day!
Kristin

4 comments:

Tricia said...

What a diva, huh?!
Such a cute little guy!
Have a great Monday!
*tricia

Keetha Broyles said...

Yes, but what does his BACK look like - - - I feel like I've totally invaded his PRIVACY checking out his undersides!!!!

Hehehehehehehehe

Kristin - The Goat said...

Too funny! He's a diva and a flasher lol

Lisa Nelsen-Woods said...

Great photos. I bet he told his buddies he has a shot at stardom that doesn't involve hawking car insurance.