Friday, July 31, 2009

Positive Day


It's Positive Day!!


A few weeks ago my blogging friend, Jen from Dust Bunny Hostage, talked about something that her daughter wanted to start when she became president in 2032. It was a day where people reflected on the good in their lives, called Positive Day. She talks about it more in depth here, on her original post....Positive Day.

Today however, there are going to be LOTS of other people joining in the Positive Day festivities, so be sure and go to Dust Bunny Hostage to see the other participants and join in, if you'd like and make today your Positive Day as well!



ºººººIn the transplant community where I tend to spend most of my time outside of the house, we've had a lot of great news. We've had two of our friends receive transplants the past two weeks. We also got the news yesterday that one of our support group friends was finally put on the transplant list after an exhaustive evaluation period. It fills my heart with so much gratitiude to be a part of this community.

ºººººI received a beautiful gift in the mail yesterday that POSITIVELY made my day. It was from a blogging friend of mine, Leigh - Tales from Bloggeritaville, who I've never met in person, but who never fails to bring a smile to my face. Now she's sent me gifts in the mail. Thanks Leigh!! :)

ºººººI'm watching the movie Mamma Mia at this very moment and the ABBA songs are filling my mind with lovely thoughts and fun tunes. I love listening and dancing goofy Kristin dances to ABBA. Oh, they're singing Dancing Queen...see that girl, watch that scene, diggin' the dancing queen.

ºººººIt makes me so happy that my cat, Mocha, loves to be near me. She would prefer to be curled up next to me more than anywhere else.

ºººººI have the best family. I truly do. I love them all so much.

ºººººOne of the most positive things that has happened to me in the past two years has been to find the world of blogging and those in it.

ºººººI am so very grateful for my health, happiness, love, and forgiveness.

ºººººMy 25th High School reunion is coming up and I'm so very grateful to have such a fabulous group to work with on it.


I hope to add more things to this list in the later morning hours. (BELOW)
Have a Fabulous Day!!
Kristin


Since so many of you have commented on the transplant portion of this post, I'll elaborate real quick. My husband had a liver transplant Dec 23, 2005. We were so blessed to have been directed to the Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, FL just a month or so after finding out he had a liver problem and within one year from diagnosis he was transplanted. We moved from Daytona Beach to Jacksonville to be closer to Mayo and in doing so we became involved with the support group and the transplant community.

I have just finished a fabulous breakfast of yogurt, Kashi and walnuts. YUM! It's what I have every morning.

I found some fun free printables - they are positively funny & fun & useful!! :) From How About Orange you can download a grocery list, a to do list or a blog topics list.

Kind Over Matter always has great positive thoughts, things and photos - but the latest free printable is for affirmation cards. Go take a look!

12 comments:

j said...

I love that you proclaim that there will be LOTS of folks participating in Positive Day. That is fabulous positive thinking (I hope you are right).

Have you talked about the "transplant community" on your blog? If you have, send me a link - I would be interested to read how you are connected with this community.

Leigh is wonderful - LOVE her! And Mama Mia is one of our favorite girl movies. I bought an ABBA CD for my girls after they watched it. It's fun to sing along with them.

You listed so many positive things. You are blessed!

Thanks for participating Kristin. It means a lot to me.

Anonymous said...

I can only imagine what a blessing you must be to so many transplant recipients and their families! And you must be so enriched by them, too. :-D

Kari (GrannySkywalker) said...

It's wonderful to read about your many blessings. I hope you have a fantastic and happy Positive Day!

Kari

Kristin - The Goat said...

Jennifer - I have a label on the side of my blog marked Transplant where I have most of my stories listed. Some are happy, but there are some sad ones.

Barb - we were helped from the transplant community when we were going through all of it. It's just so nice that we can give back.

Kari - Thanks!! I wish a positive fabulous day to you as well!

Dianne said...

anyone who works in the transplant community has to TRULY know the meaning and power of being positive

it is the definition of faith and second chances

Princess Hairstyles said...

What could be more positive than someone receiving a transplant? How wonderful..

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

I LOVE those positives! And you are so sweet to include me, but I am thankfoul for you Kristin and your friendship!
I am certain there are so many people that are blessed through you, and what you do-helping to provide a temp home to those who need care. I love it b/c I get to say a prayer for the ones you mention, like the lady who needed a transplant and her husband and son found it the vrey day they arrived. You really are a Godsend to those who need it.
Thanks for that.

~*~The Family~*~ said...

Like your blog! Found you on the NaBloPoMo list. I too am an orginal from 1966!

Sharinskishe said...

You are such a wonderful kind giving person. I feel blessed to be a part of the Blogging community.

I enjoy making new friends who are willing to share their wealth of knowledge with me. I learn so much everyday by visiting my online neighbors. Thanks!

I love Positive Day! We really need a Positive Day each month.

Have a wonderful weekend, Kristin.

Shari

Travis Cody said...

I'm here from Jen's linky.

Your positive list made me smile. Best wishes for the continued health of your husband, and for all those who have received or are still waiting for transplants.

Happy Positive Day!

Anonymous said...

Great positive list. I love Mama Mia. Excellent list. Happy Positive Day 2009

Judith Bridger said...

Kres, I've been wanting to give you this info for a few days, ...and this looks like a good place to put it as others may also see it. I'm so glad that your are so closely associated with Mayo, and the article I'm going to be talking about sort of sums up the problems you are facing with Tom's brother and U of M!

In preparing for a health care rally I read an article in The New Yorker entitled "The Cost Conundrum". It begins by telling or trying to figure out why the cost of health care is so expensive in McAllen TX. It is a very long article explaining that the art of being a doctor has become a business. What I want to particularly emphasize is that MAYO CLINIC is touted as the best model of how our health care institutions should be run. The set out from the beginning to put the patient over profit (tho of course they do have to make a profit) but the staff is all salaried, not paid per patient.

Here is a link to the article if you are interested:

http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2009/06/01/090601fa_fact_gawande

Mayo Clinic Rocks!

Of course I am for National Heatlh Care. It is a long and difficult process to get us switched over to it, but health care is a right, not a priviledge. 45 million people in the US do not have health care.

No more soap box :o))

The article is well worth the read. It is not a soap box, it is a well researched article on the reality of how our health care system really functions.

lovmom