Thursday, July 15, 2010

Friday Fragments




Happy Late Thursday/early Friday! It's time for some Friday Fragments.

Thanks to Mrs. 4444 of Half Past Kissing Time for getting so many incredible bloggers together for some fun and interesting fragments.  It's one of my favorite blogging days of the week!  I love Fraggin' on Fridays.


*•-:¦:-•:*''''*:•-:¦:-•


I buy the rectangle boxes of Kleenex in the marbled packaging, usually in the economical three pack size.  When I unwrap them from their plastic I tear off the the perforated strip on top when I store them because nine times out of ten when I am out of Kleenexes and am going for a new box, I'm in the middle of a sneeze!  So I make sure that the boxes are ready to use immediately without a whole lot of fuss to get the Kleenex out of the box.


*•-:¦:-•:*''''*:•-:¦:-•

I haven't watched Paula Deen on the Food Network in quite some time, so when I saw her on the Next Food Network Star this past week I kept thinking that something was off with her.  At first I thought she just needed some lipstick, which she did - but I finally figured it out - She got new teeth!  Now that I've looked it up online, it seems this was a hot topic last spring!  Oh dear I'm a whole year behind.


*•-:¦:-•:*''''*:•-:¦:-•



I saw a ton of Smartcars when I was in Rome.  I would have just flipped if I had actually seen this one!  Turns out this was done for a Roman Festival in May.  The owner/knitter blogged about it here. What fun!

*•-:¦:-•:*''''*:•-:¦:-•


Sometimes I think it's because I don't have kids is the reason why I am so behind in certain types of technology.  I've never owned an Xbox or Wii for example.  I want a Wii, but I am not really sure why.

When I was visiting with my family my niece Zora, she came up to me and said, "Tottie, I made a we me of you and I can't wait for you to see it."

(Tottie = Auntie)

HUH?  I had no idea, so I asked her to say it again and I listened very very closely.  Very slowly, she said, "Tottie, I made a we me of you.  Actually I made several we me's of you and my other Tottie and Papa and Nana."  I smiled and said, OK, still not knowing at all what we were talking about.

The next day when I showed up at her house she was nearly bouncing up and down because she was going to get to show me the we me's.  Once again I smiled and nodded, but I was so happy to finally be able to solve this riddle.  She got out her Wii and then showed me all of the Mii's that she made.  Ahhhh, it all made sense.  She made little virtual people for her Wii and they are called Mii's.  Here I thought I was losing my mind.  Now I really want a Wii, if for no other reason to make a Mii!

I found a blogger that made a bunch of Wii Mii's of some people you might know - here. They are really good!


*•-:¦:-•:*''''*:•-:¦:-•

Love me when I least deserve it, because that's when I really need it. - Swedish Proverb

Oh, boy isn't that the truth!

*•-:¦:-•:*''''*:•-:¦:-•




Here's a sneak peek at a free printable recipe card from Homemade by Jill as part of a Bridal Shower gift .  She has one card that has a chocolate cake recipe already on it and one that's blank.  I like the large orange design on the side with the aqua border.  I have already printed off a set for me and I really like them.

*•-:¦:-•:*''''*:•-:¦:-•


My Facebook friend said --- Gotta appreciate the perspective of a one-year-old: Loves the feel of the heavy rainfall (More! More!) but terrified of my black umbrella springing open.


*•-:¦:-•:*''''*:•-:¦:-•

Congratulations to Mrs 4444 for attaining that 1000 blog post milestone.  She did a Best Of that contains her ten favorite blog posts.  Also be sure to click the blog hop and see what others are Fragmenting about this week.

Have a wonderful weekend!
Kristin


16 comments:

Claudya Martinez said...

I would never think of knitting a sweater for my car.

Lisa Nelsen-Woods said...

One of the malls uses Smart cars for their mall cops. They look like they need a windup key on the back because the cars are bright blue and have police lights on the top!

My niece taught me how to make better Miis. She made the cast of Harry Potter, a pig, and Darth Vader. I made a dog.

Julie Stiles Mills said...

I love your Kleenex plan! That cracks me up - SO TRUE!

And I too have been immortalized as a wii mii. However, my wii mii is actually ASLEEP in my Wii Fit game. Slightly embarrassing.

Mrs4444 said...

You're so sweet. Thanks for the linky-love! :)

I LOVE the car!!! I would totally do that, especially because I have a dent that needs covering :(

I noticed Paula's teeth, too. I guess I'd do it, too, if I could afford it, but they're a little BRIGHT.

Funny (the Kleenex planning)haha

Have a fantastic weekend :)

Bill Lisleman said...

Kleenex plan - we unwrap all our TP because - you know

Paula Deen - you know was hit in the face with frozen ham (or some big packaged food) last winter. There's youtube footage.

thanks

Cyndy Bush said...

I love that Swedish proverb.
Love what your little niece said, too, that's so cute! And would have to sound so funny if you don't know what she means. LOL

brainella said...

I do the same thing with my tissues! I don't want to have to sneeze on the box.

You will love the Wii. I'm not a video game person at ALL either but I really like playing the Wii. I think it is because it's more interactive between people. The whole family can enjoy it.

LAC said...

I've been coveting a wii lately becuase of all the fitness related games. I want to get fit, at home, in private! But its completely unaffordable right now.

Love that quote!

Have a great weekend, my friend!

Rebecca Jo said...

OK... I have the same car on my blog today too... see, its why we're bloggy buddies! :)

qandlequeen said...

I was upset that my son made a Mii for me with a SCOWL. The little twit.

So was that a Smart Car COZY? SOOOO something my grandmother would do.

Mel Fraase said...

The crochet car is a riot!
I always laugh at the uber-photoshopped Paula Deen on magazine covers.
We have a Wii (among many other devices). The kids have made about a million Mii's!! The Wii Fit is really cool, I like it!

Karen MEG said...

Those Mii Wii's are pretty true to life, actually. So cute that your niece made so many - and so amazing that little ones are so adept electronically these days. My son made one of me probably as he likes to kick my butt in any of the races in Wii ;).

Happy FF and weekend!

Doreen McGettigan said...

I want a Wii too! Mainly for when the grand kids are here but my daughter's say it would be good exercise for hubby; homeless lady and I.
That car is funny; I saw it somewhere yesterday on a crafting blog.
You have a positive week!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Love the car cover :) Wii is fun, we don't have one but we play with the one my son has when we visit or sometimes they bring it over. I do want one. I loved making my character!

4 Lettre Words said...

I love the smart cars. You wouldn't know it by my big ol' Expedition, but I heart them!

Anonymous said...

soooo, if I want to save that recipe card on my mac so I can print it out later on card stock, what do I save it as .. not to the iphoto but where?