Friday, July 30, 2010

A mean streak

I have a mean streak.

It's one of the things that I do try to hide from the outside world

...but every so often I snap.

Today was that day.

I wrote this email.

It's totally passive aggressive.

I just wanted to let you know that I am going to leave you positive feedback because the items that I ordered arrived quickly and in good condition and were what I purchased. I truly appreciate it.

What I did want to tell you is that I would have appreciated a Thank You email or a message that said that you had received the money (and Thank you) or that you had shipped the item (and Thank You.)

I paid you $135 and I spent several days wondering if I was going to receive my item because I didn't hear from you. For $135 I should have gotten a Thank You at least. When the box arrived, I opened it up expecting a receipt with a Thank You scrawled upon it.

I did receive the receipt, thank you for that.

I am truly grateful for the item and I'm glad that I can get them for a discount on ebay, but I also truly appreciate being thanked for doing business with someone.

This was a calm snap, but a snap nonetheless.

Don't you hate it when you don't get a Thank You?!

I guess it's painfully obvious that I do.


Thank you :)
Kristin

6 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

If that is your mean, what is your nice?????

Kristin - The Goat said...

ha! Well... I could go all out mean on my blog. I've got a reputation to uphold LOL

Debby@Just Breathe said...

That was a pretty calm letter. I do like a confirmation when I order something and I usually get one.

Ann in the UP said...

I think you were nicely restrained in pointing out that customer service could use some improvement.

I'm working on my Dr.s office---where the receptionist sits unresponsive behind sliding glass as though he only treated lepers.

I'm considering the fake rubber chicken alongside the head treatment.

AlisonArtisan said...

Oh, man. That was nothing compared to my rants. I go full tilt on people that are rude or incompetent.

Mrs4444 said...

You wrote it brilliantly; polite, direct, clear. It was very nice of you to do so.