Saturday, July 17, 2010

Pretty houses

I love to take a walk through a neighborhood and take photos.  Interestingly enough I call them neighborhood pictures.  Genius, I know :)   I walk around and take photos of the beautiful houses, interesting sculptures, gates and flowers usually.  Today was mostly a house and front door kind of day, but I did manage to find a cool gate, an ivy covered stairway and a tree swing that overlooks the river. 

Today's neighborhood picture day was through the Avondale Neighborhood in Jacksonville, FL.  I don't actually live in this neighborhood, I just came to take a walk.






This is the ivy covered stairway. 





Look at the top of the chimney.  It looks like two large pottery vases and a small one have been placed up there.

















Unknown Mami


Sundays in my City is hosted by Unknown Mami.  I'm so very grateful to be able to be a part of it again this week and to be a part of Mami's carnival.  Hope you enjoyed the tour :)

It's so much fun seeing all of the different cities each Sunday. Thanks Unknown Mami!


Hope you're having a great weekend!
Kristin

20 comments:

Ann in the UP said...

What a lovely neighborhood! I adore those live oak trees, and the houses are so diverse in their architecture!

Love the ivy covered fences and stuff. Thanks for the pleasant walk-----and I didn't even have to haul my camera along!

Vicki said...

The tree in the second shot is amazing. the garden looks so relaxing.

BLOGitse said...

What a neighborhood you live in!
Beautiful details...

NOTE
I have moved to WordPress!
I hope to see you there.
Next week I'll be back on track and post a 'normal' SIMC post.

Sunny greetings from Casa!
BLOGitsePHOTOS
ps. sorry I write this same note to all participants... :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful homes.
I love the shot of the swing in the tree. As I sit huddled over a heater, I wish I were there enjoying the summer sun.

Tara R. said...

These are beautiful homes. Such a wide variety of architecture. I love the dark door in the ivy-covered wall.

May said...

The second home is more like a dream home to me. Would love to live in such a house!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! You live in photo worthy neighbourhood, for sure. Great pictures. I like the reflections in the doors too.

Amy DM said...

Beautiful houses. Happy Sunday.

Sonya said...

I"m with May, I loved the second house! beautiful pictures! they are so very lucky to live in homes like that:)

qandlequeen said...

I love the gate against the yellow wall

RNSANE said...

What a beautiful neighborhood! The huge tree, draped in Spanish moss, is so gorgeous and Southern -I am originally from GA and went to nursing school in Atlanta and I always miss seeing these. I've been in the San Francisco area 33 years now - and I love it but I do miss some things.

Joanna Jenkins said...

Thanks for the beautiful tour of your neighborhood. I love looking at houses and landscapes too. This might be the first time I've seen ivy covered steps-- What a great look.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend and Happy SIMC
jj

brainella said...

That yellow is so vibrant.

I would love to have that view of the water. :) Gorgeous shots.

ChristineM said...

What a beautiful neighborhood! I LOVE that one shot of the black door with the gold knocker...so mysterious! ;) Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

I laughed my head off when you said you call them Neighborhood Pictures : ) You are genius!

Spanish moss is so romantic. I love it. We don't have a drop of it in Pennsylvania. Boo!

Mrs4444 said...

Lots of dimension and color in these shots, not to mention SUNSHINE! (I can't help but notice, haha)

Erin said...

Those are so gorgeous! I would love to walk through that neighborhood...and that Ivy covered steps....I've never seen anything like it!

Claudya Martinez said...

I love all of your pictures always, but I am particularly taken by the second shot with the tree; it's amazing.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Very pretty houses. Love them all in their unique ways.

Anonymous said...

I love the unique houses and ivy. I think the yellow one is my favorite.