Friday, July 30, 2010

Friday Fragments



Hello Friday!

and Saturday and Sunday and Monday... but WOW - it's Friday again!  Last week I said that it was a short week and all of a sudden it's Friday again.  Seriously, how can these weeks keep peeling off the calendar at this rapid pace.  I can almost hear them as they fly away.  On Sunday it will be the first of August.  I'm truly amazed.


Thanks to Mrs. 4444 of Half Past Kissing Time for getting so many incredible bloggers together for some fun and interesting fragments.  She is just a wonderful host.  Thanks so much Mrs. 4444.  Thank you! 



*•-:¦:-•:*''''*:•-:¦:-•





I spotted this in the window of a shop - it reminded me of a purse my mom had when I was growing up.  It was a wooden box purse and it had daisies on it.  I don't think it was an Enid Collins purse (shown below), but it very much could have been. 


This is sort of the style - only her purse was a small rectangle with white daisies.  I loved that purse.  I'm pretty sure she still has it - do you still have it, Mom?


*•-:¦:-•:*''''*:•-:¦:-•


 Another printable recipe card but this time it's from the tie that binds blog.  The neat thing about these is that once you open up the PDF you can actually type in the recipe before you print it :) 


*•-:¦:-•:*''''*:•-:¦:-•


I have a list of 101 Things to do in 1001 Days.  In December I went through and made a commentary on nearly all of the 101 Things whether I had done them or not.  I accomplished a lot of them,  I made some excuses for some, crossed off several that were no longer things I wanted to do and gave a little sigh about ones that I had good intentions and hoped to get to this year.

Well, I'm guaranteeing that most of the items on the list that aren't done, aren't going to get done, but there are several that I'm going to finish up.

I started by 1001 days on January 21st, 2008 that the end date is my Birthday in 2010.  My birthday is October 18th and I've decided to have my birthday party in Michigan.  I'm really getting excited for the end of this 1001 days and I'm looking forward to making up a new list!


*•-:¦:-•:*''''*:•-:¦:-•



I really like bulletin boards and Apartment Therapy featured 15 Funky, Fancy and DIY in this article.


*•-:¦:-•:*''''*:•-:¦:-•



Found at vi.sualize.us

This is a great idea when you've got those little cables waaaay in the back in a hard to reach place.  I know I've been on my hands and knees several times trying to find that little speaker plug or the power cord to the router that I dropped behind the storage rack.


*•-:¦:-•:*''''*:•-:¦:-•




In May I went to the beach with two of my friends and I asked them to blow bubbles while I tried to capture it in a photograph. I submitted one of the photos from that bubble blowing session (the one above) for inclusion in a book. Yesterday I received word ---
"I am delighted to let you know that your artwork has been selected for inclusion in Patti Digh's upcoming book, CREATIVE IS A VERB: If You're Alive, You're Creative, set for publication in November 2010."
I'm just thrilled!  I had never asked anyone to be a part of setting up a photo shoot before, usually I photograph found items, so this was especially fun to share with my friends.  I may have to stage a few more events to photograph!

*•-:¦:-•:*''''*:•-:¦:-•


I hope you have a great weekend!

Kristin



8 comments:

Ann in the UP said...

Woo-hoo I can't wait to get home and get a clampy gizmo to keep my printer cord from falling into the abyss behind my computer table. What a fine idea!

And your bubbles picture had me totally puzzled until your explantaion, and it's very pretty. You should have one of those contests----showing a bit of something and having people identify what it is. LOL-----just in case you aren't busy enough, already.

Fun Fragments!

Doreen McGettigan said...

I love that cable thingy! I am about to move my office into a guest room and turn the office into the guest room so I am getting that thingy!
Congrats on the photo that is so awesome! Of course I enjoy all of your photo's but I love bubbles!
Have a great weekend!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

The bubble under the pier is a great shot, love the color. How exciting to be chosen to be in that book :) Love the idea with the clips for the cords. Have a wonderful weekend.

Anonymous said...

LOVE your work! Bubbles Under The Boardwalk is amazing... Thanks for stopping by my blog.

OX
JEN

Claudya Martinez said...

I love the cords idea.

Rachael said...

I love the idea with the cords, that is great! I am always losing the USB cords down the back of the desk. And the bubble shot is so pretty!

Cyndy Bush said...

Love your picture, congrats on getting published! I love that cord idea too...genius!

Mrs4444 said...

Congratulations! That's really cool! It's a great photo.

I just can't wait til everything is cordLESS.

Hey! october 18th is Mr.4444's birthday, too!!

It would be really cool if your mom still had that purse.

Thanks for playing :)