Thursday, July 08, 2010

Seeing Red

When I looked at the photos that I've taken the past few days I noticed a common thread running through all of them.


Red.  Lots of red.

The above shots were taken in the 5 Points area of Jacksonville.  This was an outdoor patio - Love the whole thing, but that mosaic is very cool!


This sunset was daring me to take the photo.  I was at the kitchen sink doing dishes while the sky just kept getting brighter and brighter.  Yellow, red and orange more and more brilliant.  I finally had to dry my hands and go to my computer room and take the photo from that window.   The view from that window was even more spectacular than the view from the kitchen window. 


I walked by this house with a couple of friends today and one of them pointed out this box sitting next to the front steps. I think the books in front of the book swap box have been there quite along time.  I didn't open the box to see if there was a book inside that I wanted, but I have to say that I was quite bummed that to see that copy of Lonesome Dove rotting away in the sun and rain.  I'm going to have to bring some books next time I come this way!


As I was sitting in the booth for lunch today, I took a few photos of the candle on the table... it was red, too!



Unknown Mami

I thought when I posted this on Thursday that I wanted this to be the Sundays in My City post - but I just couldn't  wait --- so, today, Sunday, I decided to make this the SIMC post anyway.  Thank you Unknown Mami for the the day of traveling around the globe.  

Hope you enjoyed seeing red today!
Kristin

11 comments:

42N said...

You are a talented photographer. Can you show us some photos with people in them too? I'd be interested in how you capture ordinary scenes.

Anonymous said...

oooh, the red was just popping out. Lonesome Dove is one of my all time favorite stories and IRONICALLY, just tonight, I quoted from it to my dad .. I said "what do you need legs for anyway, all you do is sit on the porch drinking whiskey" and the response is "i like to kick a pig now and then" LOLOLOL

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Can't help myself ~ "Red sky at night sailors delight" ~"Red sky at morning sailors take warning"

Sonya said...

That sunset..just wow..so beautiful!

May said...

Spectacular sunset indeed!! And lovely hues of red!!

Anonymous said...

You have a great eye. Loved seeing your photos!

Amy DM said...

Love those photos--especially the sunset. Great candle shot too.

noexcuses said...

I love your pictures! There's nothing that says more than "Red"!

Beautiful sky shot! I wish I had such a view when I washed dishes!

Thanks for sharing!

Mrs4444 said...

More like Book Slop than Book Swap, I'm afraid. Kind of odd...

BLOGitse said...

Great red post, especially that sunset, beautiful!
Sunny SIMC greetings from Casablanca!

BLOGitse

Claudya Martinez said...

I love the idea of the book swap box.