Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Saturn is visiting Libra


I think that horoscopes are mostly fun and frivolous and the daily horoscopes that I see everywhere are so generic that they end up being just plain silly.  I do believe, however, that many people truly are their signs and I am one of those people.  I am my sign.  I am a Libra.  I will weigh things back and forth so many times that I can make my own head spin.  

Back in the day when I was about the only overweight person that I knew, Libra tendencies are to be round and curvy and I proved that point.  These days it's not as easy to spot a Libra on the curvy factor alone!   They say that Libras are lazy and while it's very true that we do enjoy leisure and rest,  we can and do work very hard.  We can look very relaxed while working hard :)  Blogging, for example, is one job that looks like relaxing but it involves quite a bit of discipline and maintenance to keep it going properly.



As for rest, I need sleep.  I cannot go for days without sleep or limited sleep.  When my husband was in the hospital I would leave to go to the hotel to sleep.  Some people couldn't leave to do that, but I'm a Libra.  I know deep into the core of my being that if I don't get enough sleep I am of no use to anyone. 


Sometimes I believe that the reason there are horoscopes and why I read them is to give myself a reason to get off the couch and do something.  Well, the horoscope I read yesterday was pretty exciting.  It just made my heart sing.  I don't think I've been cutting corners, but I have allowed myself to be slack in getting my projects done on time.  I've been putting myself in high gear the past few weeks and reading this just validated my vision.

I love it when I get a kick in the pants and I'm excited about it!


From AstroStyle for Libra (the following three paragraphs)
Atten-hup! Drill sergeant Saturn plants itself in Libra for two-plus years, blowing the whistle on your self-destructive habits. You’ve got dreams, Libra, big big dreams, but there’s no way you’re going to achieve them by cutting corners, handing in sloppy work, letting your emotions overtake your sense of logic, or playing the victim.

Still, through various times this summer, you’ve fallen prey to all of the aforementioned traps. Now, a new level of vigilance is called for. Taking shortcuts only cheats YOU, as it prevents you from getting the lasting results you truly crave. Looks like you’ve got a lot to learn. Embrace it! Today truly is the first day of the rest of your life, so as you read this, think of this very moment as your second birthday.

Saturn only visits your sign once every twenty-eight to thirty years, helping you restructure your life. You’re the luckiest of them all, as Saturn happens to be “exalted” in Libra, meaning Libra is its true power position. Want to make a spectacle of yourself? Good! Just know the difference between fame and notoriety. You could become the media darling or the paparrazi target in the coming two years. Let your good name build slowly and you’ll wind up on the right side of that equation. The people you surround yourself with are pivotal to your success for the next month.



Since this Saturn in Libra thing is a two year deal, I may have to put this on a post it and put it on my mirror in the bathroom to continuously remind me to keep going.  I'll be 70 when this comes around again, so I need to make the most of these two - three years, don't ya think?? 

I hope you enjoyed my ramblings today.  I want to thank the AstroStyle team for giving me something to look forward to not for just a day or a week, but for two - three years!  I'm truly excited.

Have a fabulous day!
Kristin

4 comments:

Ann in the UP said...

In view of this new information, I think you may have to do a powerful new 101 List to carry through the visitation of Saturn.

I'm looking forward to your Presidential bid. ;-)

Debby@Just Breathe said...

The first paragraph hit me hard. OMG that is me right now along with everything else. Yes I am a Libra too! Thank you, I really needed this more then you will ever know.

jb said...

Funny, MP is a Libra...but I have always suspected that his moon sign and rising sign is in something other than Libra...for he is not lazy, and never sleeps. The best part of this post is that you and i both know how much change is in his life right now! It will be fun to watch both of you emerge as new beings in the next couple of years.
p.s. I read the Astro Twins postings all the time due to you! I love love love them!

Anonymous said...

How funny .. I used to read my horoscope all the time but got bored with it .. I might have to take myself over to Astro Twins. Do you read Tom's horoscope too?