Sunday, April 04, 2010

Art Fair Weekend

It was one full, Easter Bunnying, Art Fairing, laundry doing weekend.


At the Riverside Arts Market (RAM) on Saturday, my friend Deb was visited by the Easter Bunny.  He's got some great bunny hopping shoes, too.



Deb makes the neatest pins and she pairs them up with a beautiful graphic.  Very unique and lovely.



After RAM,  I came home and got my husband and we headed off to the Donate Life Day at the Jacksonville Landing, which is an entertainment and dining complex on the river.   I really try to make sure that we attend these events.  It's just so important for people to see that their decision to become an organ and tissue donor really does make a difference.


On Sunday I was headed out to another art fair when I spotted this tent with beautiful flowers. 

They also had a whole bunch of concrete benches with bunnies on them :)  If I had a yard...


I finally made it to the Mandarin Art Fair.  I learned a new road today and a new part of town.  It was kind of cool.  It was 80º and bright bright sunshine. I was a little over dressed, but thankfully there were a lot of gorgeous shade giving trees in the park.


We had a kettle corn booth and they were selling it like crazy.


The metal flowers were awfully pretty.


and the children's art that was on display in the museum was really quite good! 



Unknown Mami

I hope you've enjoyed a bit of Jacksonville, FL and all the things I did this weekend.  Come to think of it, I didn't show you the laundry, but I figure you've seen that in your homes :)

If you'd like to see more snapshots of cities, please visit Sunday's In My City, at Unknown Mami.


Have a great week!
Kristin

8 comments:

Adrienne said...

I love art festivals.... and music festivals and craft shows...this looks lovely I am jealous!

Multiple personalities.. said...

What a fun festival! And those pins are gorgeous! That's so neat, pairing each one with a graphic. Awesome! Thanks for sharing, it was lovely to see Sundays in Your City!

Claudya Martinez said...

That is one dapper bunny! Happy Easter!

Erin said...

I just love art fairs! And I so want one of those bunny benches in the yard!

j said...

So what if I am a little scared by the big Easter Bunny? That doesn't make me a chicken or anything. I'm just sensitive. It's not my fault he looks like he sits around playing cards with clowns, drinking the tears of children.

The art fairs, however, look WONDERFUL!

Lee Ann said...

Ooh I love those metal flowers x

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I love art fairs/craft fairs. I don't see many here where I live.
Of course leaving the house would help! Love those pins your friend makes. I use to wear a pin everyday. I have a nice collection.
Actually now that I think of it I think I should take a pillow (I've seen this done before) and display them on it. Silly to let them sit in a box! Looks like you had a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

festivals are so much fun ..