Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Dancers


If we had stood in another section, we might not have seen this.  If we had not stayed for the Popes Blessing after the Sunday Mass, we might have missed this.  If we had not been in Rome, we might have missed this!


These kids and their accompanist seemed to have magically appeared and started dancing.  The crowd immediately made a very large circle and watched enthusiastically.  I took a dozen photos or more, hoping to capture the enthusiasm and the joy.


The boy in front with the green jacket and shoes was a hoot.  He was like a stick when he jumped in the air.  Everyone else seemed to be fluid, but he was almost too technical - yet he was really enjoying himself. 



I know that these kids practiced before performing here in Vatican City, but I couldn't help but be impressed with how in sync they were. 


This was my favorite shot - all of their feet are off the ground. 

When the number was over, they waved and went off into the crowd. 

To the dancers - Thank you for being there, for doing such a great job and for giving me something else to remember on my first trip to Vatican City.

Have a great day!
Kristin

2 comments:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I forgot how awesome it was to see the Pope. Great shots of them dancing. I'm sure that was fun.

j said...

Ha! I love the floating people!