Friday, April 23, 2010

Blip in the radar

Yesterday was an interesting and busy day and it completely scrambled my brain.  I tried a few times to write a blog post and it came out more like a bad text message.  I decided to use what judgment I had left and not write anything here.  I think I chose well.  I'm much more clear today.


It all started off innocently enough.

I asked my husband to go to the Second Chance Support group with our fellow liver transplant friends and he said yes.  He is usually busy on Thursdays at 11am, so it was really nice that he chose to come.  There are a few men that are pre transplant that really need to see and hear from someone who is several years post transplant like my husband.  We had a big group again this week - I think near 25 people were there.

Since Tom was with me I knew we needed to go out to lunch so I started to organize a group and ended up with 10 of us going to lunch.  We ate at Miller's Ale House and we all had really great food.  I think I taste tested 4 other dishes and they were all much better than your average bar food.  I think that restaurant is going to be a keeper.

Then I went back to Mayo Clinic to visit with a post transplant patient.  He's been in the hospital for two weeks now and I haven't visited in a week, so I really wanted to spend some time with him.  I spent several hours with him and then made my way home.

I got home and just got myself settled on the couch with my computer when Tom came home all excited about a new business opportunity.  My hair stands on end when I hear those words coming from him.  I was in no way going to hear of it until he told me that the house where we were going had an original Chagall hanging over the fireplace. 

I can't believe I was swayed by art.

The piece over the fireplace was truly wonderful and I swear that I've seen it in one of my art books before, but I can't for the life of me find it online.  I didn't take my camera with me, but since I joined the business I'll be back over to this man's house again. 

Yes, I said I joined. 

I have to laugh.

I'll let you know more about the business at a later date. 

What a day!!


I'm going out to take some photos because I haven't snapped a picture in too many days.
OK, Bye!
Kristin

4 comments:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Wow, it must be something very interesting for you to join up.
I can't wait to hear about it.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I'm glad your husband went with you to your meeting.

j said...

You seem pretty level headed to me - it must have been an awfully good opportunity. I look forward to hearing about it.

Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

I love when something good/wonderful/cool comes out of an outing that you didn't want to attend. I can't wait to see the artwork. I know nothing about art except what I like and don't.