Wednesday, April 21, 2010

husbands...mine anyway

I need to grumble for a moment. 

When Easter came around all my husband could talk about was a spiral sliced ham.  He wanted a ham, he needed to have it and he talked about it non stop -- of course he didn't start his talk until just three days before Easter, so all of the spiral sliced hams were gone.  I got a small regular ham and it just wasn't the same he said, so I kept that in my mind so I could get him a spiral sliced ham and surprise him.

So, last week at the grocery store they had a great sale on spiral sliced hams.  I got the smallest one available and proudly brought it home.




He didn't want it.

Too much salt. 
He doesn't like to have just ham for dinner. 
There's too much food. 
We'll never eat it all.

Finally he told me to go ahead and cook it up.

Tonight I made the ham - put on the glaze and made a nice big salad.  The house smelled great and the ham was incredibly good.


He didn't want any.

He ate a late lunch. 
He may have a ham sandwich later. 
I'm sure it's going to spoil before we eat it all.
You aren't going to make bean soup again are you??


My dinner was lovely and I will be making bean soup with the ham bone.  (I'll freeze the leftovers tomorrow or Friday.)

I cleaned up the kitchen and put everything away. 
I'm done with dinner for tonight.  He'll have to fend for himself.

Thanks for listening.
Kristin

anyone want any ham?

7 comments:

Beth Zimmerman said...

I would love some ham! Sorry hubby is being impossible! Forgive him ... eventually!

qandlequeen said...

Store this in the back of your mind for next year. Have the ham ordered and ready. And if his reaction is the same, then it's justifiable homicide. I'm just sayin.

Anonymous said...

boo, sounds like PMS was going on (poopy male syndrome). I bet it was delicious - ham is my favorite at the holidays including Tgiving. We pour Vernor's over our ham to reduce the saltiness (again with the Vernor's) lol.

jb said...

Husbands...can't live with them, can't kill them. I suggest you pour Vernor's all over Tom to see it that will remove the stupidness!

Keetha Broyles said...

Spiral hams are good - - - they make GREAT sandwiches, so save those frozen slices and get them out for special sandwiches and enjoy them all - - - every last one - - - YOURSELF.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

It's not just yours...........

Lisa Nelsen-Woods said...

I'd freeze the ham and bone and serve it to him next Easter when he starts raving about ham again. *evil laugh*