Friday, April 16, 2010

Friday Fragments



Friday Fragments is hosted by Mrs. 4444 over at Half-Past Kissing Time. She and many others  put their little bit and pieces of unrelated pieces of goodness and laughter into one post and then share it with other bloggers and their friends.   I did that this week, too!  I hope you can go visit the other FF posts, when you finish with mine.


*•-:¦:-•:*''''*:•-:¦:-•




When I was in Gulf Shores with my Mom we had some friends come to visit.  One of the funny things they shared with us was about their teenage grandkids and text messaging.  From what I understand the grandkids prefer texting rather than phone calls so there is sometimes a learning curve for the grandparents!  Stan said that one day he was asking his grandson a question, via text,  that really needed an answer and the grandson replied "IDK" - Well that response just about sent Stan over the edge, he said.  He immediately dialed his grandson's phone number and said "What do you mean you don't care?!!"  and the grandson replied, "IDK, means I don't know and I don't know."    Ahh technology! 


*•-:¦:-•:*''''*:•-:¦:-•


We had 28 people in our Liver Transplant Support Group yesterday.  Sometimes we only have 5 or 6 of us and we all live in Jacksonville and see each other twice a week - so we end up chit chatting about where we'd like to go for lunch.  Sometimes we only have one new person and sometimes we have a month or more where it's the same 12 of us and most of them are awaiting a transplant.

Today we had brand new families whose loved one just got a transplant the other day, someone back for a two year check up, a woman back after 5 years post transplant and they brought along their 6 month old baby (Mayo doesn't treat children, that I'm aware, so we rarely see babies and children) and a 73 year old man who got a transplant in February.   We had a few newly listed folks and several new transplants less than a month old.  It was one of the most diverse groups we've had and the most newcomers that we've had in a long time.  How fun!


*•-:¦:-•:*''''*:•-:¦:-•







Printables!! and other fun crafty links found in the blogosphere.   As usual I was wandering around One Pretty Thing and found some fun things. Let's get to it, shall we??!!

*•-:¦:-•:*''''*:•-:¦:-•


Red Dahlia paper from Tricia-Rennea -- gorgeous!  She also has a whole bunch of free printables, here - so check out the whole shebang while you are waiting for the Red Dahlias to print (if your printer is as slow as mine!)


*•-:¦:-•:*''''*:•-:¦:-•


Cottage Industrialist has made a printable called "Really Good Stuff I Already Have" where you list the items you already have in the fridge.  She tells a great story as to why this type of list works and how to use it.  I've done this before when I go to the Farmers Market because I do get over excited with the fresh food :)  and I certainly don't want to over buy and waste food.


*•-:¦:-•:*''''*:•-:¦:-•


*•-:¦:-•:*''''*:•-:¦:-•

Kids artwork turned into notecards, from Homemade Mamas.  I could do this with the millions of pieces of paper that I've accumulated in my office.  Some of it is just too pretty to toss.    Remember, it's National Letter Writing Month!


*•-:¦:-•:*''''*:•-:¦:-•




One thing I found that is very cool is something called The Archive Along from Crafty Pod.  This is just some dynamite information all in one spot and also gives some fun ideas on what you can do with your blog posts to get them into the hands of non computer users or to have a hard copy of your blog. 


*•-:¦:-•:*''''*:•-:¦:-•

Teacher Appreciation gifts from eighteen25.  This looks like fun to make and to receive.  I don't have kids and I'm not a teacher but I could see myself doing this for someone. 


*•-:¦:-•:*''''*:•-:¦:-•


I hope you have a Fabulous Weekend and thanks so much for stopping by!
Kristin

5 comments:

mimbles said...

I'm bookmarking the Archive Along, there's some great stuff there - thanks for sharing!

brainella said...

I usually have to ask about the acronyms I get in text messages because I am so bad at it. And I'm not that old!!

Those teacher appreciation gift are fantastic. I'm going to need to try a few.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

So how do you do the picture of the mailbox? Did I miss the link.
I went back and looked but still didn't see it.

Great meeting you had. How wonderful transplants are.

Thanks for all the links. Also I have a hard time too with TXT shortcuts!

Carolee Hollenback said...

I type out everything on the few texts I do.

My daughter just bought a cell phone yesterday, got an unlimited text card and has been on the phone texting since :-)

Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

IDK acronym - I'm guessing the grandfather thought the K stood for Kare especially if his grandson spelling was like Raye and Erin's .. LOL.
I had to ask about many myself .. i had no clue and I still come across some I have no idea.