Sunday, April 25, 2010

Regal Cinema


Unknown Mami hosts Sundays in My City where people from around the globe show photos of their city. It's such a fun way to see places you may never get to visit and to also enjoy some things that only a local might notice.

In my case, if you were to drive down Phillips Hwy past the Regal Cinemas, you would not miss it! However, my husband, who has crisscrossed Jacksonville 100 times had never seen this building. It was exciting to show him something that I had found.


You can click this photo to enlarge and please do because this is just truly beautiful.  It reminds me of a Las Vegas showgirl feathered headpiece!



I was so excited to finally photograph this beautiful building, but I knew it was going to be an incredible sight once it got dark.


So I went back that evening, before I had too many things on my mind and forgot about it.  I'm so glad I went back!!  It was so bright and beautiful, the parking lot was packed, kids were hanging out, out front having a nice time and parents were lined up waiting for their kids to get out of the movie.

I wasn't sure what the neighborhood was like at night so I asked my husband to go with me.  He sat in the car.  He didn't think it was as thrilling as I did, but when I got back to the car he asked if I had gotten "that shot from over there" and "that shot from under there."  I knew he was interested!



I think this one would make a great card.  I'm going to be sure and make a few of these and put them in my Etsy shop.

Unknown Mami

That's one little part of my city.  If you'd like to see more head on over to Unknown Mami for Sundays in My City.

Have a great day!
Kristin

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love old marquees .. too funny how you can read your hubby .. it cracks me up when you post anything about him.

Erin said...

Perfect shots! The colors are great! And you are right, makes me think of a Vegas show girls feather hat!

Angelica said...

Cool pics, I like your idea of the card!

Joanna Jenkins said...

now that's what a movie theater marquee should look like! It's gorgeous all lit up!

Thanks for going back and getting the pics.

Have a fun week,
jj

Amy DM said...

Beautiful cinema. Wish they all looked like that!

thanks for visiting my blog.

Claudya Martinez said...

What a fantastic place! I hope it never goes away.

j said...

I like it when Tom surprises you :)

That last photo will make the COOLEST cards.

Sonya said...

I had to come back and post on this. I tried to last week but blogger was being a pain.
I just LOVED your pictures! They were so vibrant and the Marquee is so fantastic looking..reminds me of something you would find in vegas..lol

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

GORGEOUS!!!! Is this the one by Marios? No, that Pablo....I think?