Monday, April 19, 2010

POTD - Oranges


POTD - Oranges

Here in Florida we have stores just off the expressway where tourists are encouraged to buy Florida Oranges by the pound and send them back to family and friends.   I think they will even ship your purchases for you.  I don't know actually, as I have never bought any for my family or friends.  Gosh, am I supposed to?  I was thinking this was just a tourist thing until I actually started talking about it.  Well, I can't think about it right now, it's not even orange season.

The particular stores in my area are called Indian River Fruit and they carry a large selection of Florida souvenirs, too!  This particular store was closed and a new one had been built across the street.  Orange and Blue - now those are some Gator colors.

Enjoy!
Kristin

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i bet your family would love some oranges .. put it on your list for next year!!

j said...

Have you ever seen the episode of Everyone Loves Raymond about the Fruit of the Month club? Snicker snort! That's what your post made me think of.

j said...

Here it is...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNBwCQQpuaw

Love ya!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I love those places in Florida. I remember always going to one when we drove from Chicago to Florida.
The orange gum in the little crates, taffy, orange blossom perfume, etc.