Friday, April 09, 2010

POTD - Eat


POTD - Eat

I've spent a day and a half wanting to eat, so in honor of that hunger, this is today's Photo of the Day.  This sign was found at the Hangout in Gulf Shores, Alabama. 

I've been at the Mayo Clinic Hospital with a liver transplant patient for about the last 24 hours on and off.  Since he was unable to eat, I chose not to eat in front of him.  If I were to leave his room, a doctor would come in, we all know it, so I did spend most of the day a little bit hungry.  Thankfully, we had a potluck dinner scheduled for last night and I attended, so my hunger was satiated.   It's all worth it though.  I love being a part of the transplant process.

But this is photo of the day!  So Enjoy! and eat :)

Kristin

3 comments:

j said...

I love that photograph!!!!! Did you look at it in black and white? With all of the texture I think it would work! Gosh, it's gorgeous as is. Blown away Kristin!

And I am blown away by your heart. It is precious that you wouldn't eat because your patient couldn't eat. I love ya for it!

Well, I love ya anyway but you know what I mean :)

Beth Zimmerman said...

I'm following now so I can venture back here later for a more leisurely look around to find out why and how you came to be in a transplant support group. Hope your health is good! Love your cheerful spirit! :)

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Love it, very retro.
Hope he is doing okay.