Friday, April 23, 2010

POTD - Bel Air Jet


POTD - Bel Air Jet

The hood ornament from a 1950's Chevy Bel Air.  I found this car in a parking lot in Jacksonville, FL.  The interior looked original and well worn, but the exterior of the car was lovely.  I wasn't sure if this was a bird of some sort or an airplane, but after looking at the wings a few seconds it's a airplane.  It's probably quite obvious that I don't know a whole heck of a lot about cars.  It's a great hood ornament though.

Enjoy!
Kristin

3 comments:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

What a nice hood ornament. It has a bit of an eagle head. I love those old cars. Florida is a great place to find them.

Claudya Martinez said...

That could almost be the airplane version of an Airstream.

Anonymous said...

I love vintage cars .. great photo.