Monday, April 19, 2010

Outside the Antique Store


On Saturday on my way to the Katie Ride event, I spied this antique store and made a note that I wanted to come back by here on my way home and take photos of the place.  I wanted to go in as well - who wouldn't?!!  If the exterior looked this fun, then the inside must be wonderful, too.

I was in the town of Fernandina Beach, so that's why there isn't a mile marker for that particular stop.


Cute little bird bath with glass stones and marbles in the water.  The water was actually very clean, but the sand in the bottom made it look dark.   I loved that thick rope wrapped around the post.


This great looking turquoise chair had a lovely shallow dish of flowers and succulents sitting on it.  It was just such a beautiful combination of colors that I couldn't stop at just one photo.





The parking lot side of the outdoor patio had this lovely picket fence with the rope wrapped around a few pickets. 

The shop was closed by the time I got back to it, so I wasn't able to go inside.  Looks like I'll have to make a road trip back out to the island and wander around when everything is open.  Hmmm, I wonder if I'm busy tomorrow?

There was a sign on the building that said that all suspicious activity will be reported to police.  I guess I didn't look suspicious because the police never came by :)



I hope that you have a delightful day!
Kristin

3 comments:

Claudya Martinez said...

Great shots, I particularly like the first one.

Cyndy Bush said...

I love the first two pictures!!

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

LOVE Fernindina Beach. Tom and I (my Tom) spent a few nights at what used to be the Bailey House B&B we rode bikes all over that island. LOVE that place. One day I want to go back and attend the Shrimp fest and have my pic made with a pirate!