Friday, May 21, 2010

Friday Fragments





Friday Fragments!  I'm in on it this week.  I'm so happy.  Mrs. 4444 hosts this wonderful weekly event where we can talk about anything that needs to be said, that might not be a full length blog post.  It's one of my favorite places to go to find new blogs and to read some very funny stuff. 

I was SO late getting my Friday Fragments up last week (and the two weeks before that, come to think of it) that I decided to just post them when I got them together.  So last week my Fragments were on Sunday.  If you'd like to read them - head on over here

*•-:¦:-•:*''''*:•-:¦:-•


The very last entry in One Pretty Thing's Daily DIY is a How To from Etsy - Kraft Paper Rubbings I want to do this. Funny thing is that I saw something yesterday that I thought would make a good rubbing and I immediately dismissed it because I'm forever collecting things to use as a craft project. My house is already full - but... I already own silverware and kraft paper! I could do this!!

*•-:¦:-•:*''''*:•-:¦:-•

Do you ever take a vitamin or aspirin with plenty of water, but it still feels like it's stuck in your throat?  I hate that!  I took my evening meds tonight and it was over an hour before that feeling went away.  I even had a bite of bread and it went down easily - no pills got in the way!

*•-:¦:-•:*''''*:•-:¦:-•

I have a great love for food storage containers that are all the same size, all the lids work on all of the other containers and are stackable.  My very favorite containers are actually the take out variety from our local Maggiano's Restaurant.  It's been over a year since we've gotten carry out and I was down to my very last container!  I dropped two of them last week and they didn't survive the fall.  I was getting desperate, so tonight we ordered carry out.

I asked the very nice carry out guy, who called me Miss Kristin (I loved that), if they still used the black containers and said yes and he mentioned that I wasn't alone in my love for them.  Well, that was a relief :)  He even tossed in a few extras and suggested that next time we come to Maggianos, we could eat inside! 

*•-:¦:-•:*''''*:•-:¦:-•

I saw a new doctor today.  I'm already very very happy.  He's nice, thoughtful, insightful and we discussed my diabetes, my neuropathy in my feet, the weight gain from medication, my allergies and so many other things.  I told him that we were not going to talk about lap band surgery and he agreed.  He passed. I'm having blood work in two weeks and I'm trying out a new allergy medication.  We'll see what happens in a few weeks.  So far I'm very happy.

*•-:¦:-•:*''''*:•-:¦:-•

My friend, Lori wrote a wonderful blog post about a sign in Michigan that was revealed when a building was torn down and what that sign advertised.  It's a ginger beverage called Vernors.  It's Deliciously Different!  Have you ever heard of Vernors?  Well, go on over to Lori's blog please and read about that sign.  (I was living in Lansing at the time and got a chance to see it.)


*•-:¦:-•:*''''*:•-:¦:-•

I hope that you have a wonderful weekend.  Since I played in Gulf Shores for 6 days, I'm going to have to work this weekend and get everything back on track.  Thankfully the laundry is done!

Head on over to Mrs. 4444's place to visit more of the Friday Frageteers!  One for all and all for one!

Kristin

8 comments:

LAC said...

Thanks for linking to Lorie and reminding me to add her to my reader. She's stopped by my place a few times and I want to return the favor and make a new bloggy friend.

clew said...

That pill stuck in the throat thing? That happened to me just last night! Drives me crazy!

Oh, and I *LOVE* Vernors! It's my favorite ginger ale. You don't have it there I take it? They make diet too, which is also good (I noted you have diabetes)

Have a great weekend ~ fellow friday fragger xo

Cat said...

I hate the pill in throat thing!

Glad you like your new doc! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

so then i guess we've all had that yucky pill in the throat experience ... me to...
have a good weekend.
i am stopping by from FF
http://uktotheusa.blogspot.com/

Kori said...

So glad you like the new doctore; I hope that he turns out to be just the perfect one for you. Good luck!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I don't like the feeling when I take pills. It happens every once in a while to me :( You will have to show us a picture of those containers. Glad you like your doctor :) I have heard of Vernors but not sure if I have ever had one. Enjoy your weekend.

Ann in the UP said...

Thanks for the little trip down memory lane, via Lori and the Vernors ginger ale sign. My Yooper relatives love Vernors, and their diet Vernors is delicious too, just a clew said.

Did Vernors originate in Lansing?

Ann in the UP

Doreen McGettigan said...

Oh I hate the pill in the throat thing too! I am stopping by via FF. I'm a little late but honestly I do have a good excuse. I never heard of that ginger-ale but I will be looking!
Have a great weekend and I hope you will stop over and say hi!