Friday, May 14, 2010

The Hangout Music Festival

The Hangout Music Festival is very cool.  It's taking up much more of the beach and the roads than I ever imagined - I seriously thought this was going to be just a little music fest.  Tonight we saw The Black Crows and Alison Krauss and the Union Station.  Excellent!!

The food is so diverse - I'm excited to see so many unusual things.  It's not just a $12 hot dog - there is a place called The Grateful Belly which was a vegetarian place (I had a cheese quesadilla there that was delicious!) and Greek food and pan fried soba noodles and real nachos with refried beans and freshly grated cheese.  There are also beer tents and fru-fru drink tents and corn dog vendors and you can buy a funnel cake or three if your heart desires it.  I don't think I've ever had a funnel cake, but I digress :)

My type of camera was not allowed into the festival so I was using Hillary's camera.  Turns out she didn't bring the cord, so no photos from me tonight or this weekend, from the festival.  Oh well. 

Scarlett is just a joy.  We've had a good time with her and she's certainly getting plenty of attention.  Even at the music fest, when she was obviously very tired, just passing her from one to another was enough distraction that we probably extended her crabby time for an additional 90 minutes.  She finally gave up the niceties around 9:30pm and we had to go home. 

I don't have the pictures of her at the moment either.  I'm all of a sudden so tired that I'm just going to have to finish all of this tomorrow.

So goodnight.  Sleep well.  Enjoy your families and your friends and by all means, listen to good music.  I've heard a lot of good music tonight. 

Eyes droopy, must sleep.
Kristin

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the music fest sounds really nice .. i'm glad you are having such a great time with your sisters and scarlet.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

No pictures :( So glad you are seeing Scarlett. The festival sounds wonderful. The food of course would be a big hit with me.
Yum! Enjoy the rest of your trip.