Sunday, May 30, 2010

Postage Bookmark

As if I needed another reason to get love stamps and letters, I found another.  I was flipping through the June/July issue of the Ready Made magazine when I spotted this cool Reader Fix-It tip of the month.   There were lots of other cool things in the magazine that I was interested in, so I purchased this issue!

I wondered how I was going to find a neat looking envelope to use for this super easy tutorial and I finally just decided that the envelope would reveal itself to me when it was time for me to write this post. 

12 hours later I was cleaning out a small box that seemed to have a bunch of unrelated items in it -- it must have been a clear-off-the-coffeetable-box!  The very first item was a card from my sister. 

Done.

The project was started, right in the middle of cleaning out the box!

(I have since finished cleaning out that box)



Here are the items you will need. 

One book or magazine that you'd like to bookmark.

One envelope.

One pair of scissors.



Cut the corner of the envelope in a large triangle shape.



I don't watch the Simpson's but the characters make me laugh.




Now, place your envelope corner over a couple of pages in the book, to mark your page. 

I chose an antique book for this demo, but I didn't realize that the book pages were so stained.

Ahh well, I'm just keeping it real :)



When you close the book, the envelope sticks out slightly so you can still see your place. 

What a great idea!  I wish I would have thought of it myself, but so glad that I could demo this highly technical process. :) 

I'm a hoot!

Have a great day!
Kristin

8 comments:

Ann in the UP said...

That is a cool idea, and I already knew about it from Michael jacobs book, Creative Correspondence. But the reason I'm laughing so hard is, "I'm a hoot!"

You certainly are......

ann in the UP

Kristin - The Goat said...

Oooh, I think that's a book that I need to get!

Glad I could inspire laughter! LOL

Kristin

Ruth Ann said...

I've done this before. Such a fun thing to do! Love the postage stamp!

denise said...

what a great idea! i love easy tutorials with your wonderful visual aids...and i actually liked the stained antique book...i thought it added character.

Cyndy Bush said...

I absolutely LOVE this idea!

Anonymous said...

what a great idea and you are certainly a hoot!! I have a few bookmarks that the girls made for me in school - the kind with their photos on them but I fear losing them. One time, I sent the bookmark back to the library with the book - I was awake all night sick to my stomach over it but luckily, they had it. I still use them but never take them when I'm taking the book outside of the house - like overnight or to the beach. I'm totally going to make one of these for when I take my reading book somewhere else.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

That is just too easy. What a great idea and thanks for sharing it.

j said...

Ha! I have torn the post mark off of a letter and used the slip of paper for a bookmark. That makes so much sense! Which is probably why I did it the way I did instead of the smart way :)

I look forward to sseing the pics.